Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Hikam-e-Kiyal

There are the Sayings of   Hazrat Kiyal Muhammed Sahan (DB) a caliph of Syed Abdul Hamid Hurmuzi (RA) (a caliph of Hazrat Thanwi (RA) as well as a caliph of Hazrat Syed Abdul Ma'abood Gilani (RA) ( a caliph of H Hazrat Haji Imdadullah Sahab Muhajir Makki (RA)).  (Source : Sunni Forum)

(1)  Some people caliphate on Syeds - the progeny of the beloved Prophet (PBUH).  I laugh at them for a Syed is a born caliph. He just needs to be regular in compulsory acts, refrain from earning impious way, take care of his tongue and private parts, not to harm anyone and recite a lot of Peace and Blessings (durood), then he is a full fledged Faqir and there is no need for any additional caliphate. I say two people are not aware of their importance one who memorizes the Holy Qur'an  the second a Syed.

(2) Syeds should be servants of the Ummah. Ummah was invited by the Prophet (PBUH) to be his guests. Sadaat (plural of Syed) should serve these guests for it is the duty of the hosts to serve the guests particularly the invited guests.

(3) A person whose Sustenance lawful and he indulges much in the Remembrance of Allah(SWT) becomes  one whose prayers are readily accepted (mustajab ud dawaat) Lord Most High. 


(4) The people who have administrative duties (called takwini people in the terminology of mysticism) have three characteristics: They will never make a promise without adding Insha Allah to it, when and why - these two words are not in their dictionary.

(5) Some people do Zikr (remembrance of Allah) but feel no effect - why? The reason is the fuse of their bulb is burnt out (bulb means qalb (heart) here). How can their Zikr be effective? The fuse is burnt out because because of eating haram (forbidden) and due to not protecting their tongue and their private parts. Take care of these points and then see in one week the Zikr will start showing its effects.

(6) Hazrat Kiyal Muhammad Sahab (DB) was was asked about a Syeds, descendant of the Prophet (PBUH),  who had multiple khilafats (authorizations, caliphate) but that apparently there are no effects of buzargi (piousness) in him. Hazrat (DB) replied, "Buzargi is for Allah (SWT) for an Abd (slave) there is only bandagi (slavehood) and humbleness". People use this word for pious people. The person you are talking about is indeed a buzarg however if you apparently find somethings in him which you think are against buzargi then remember those things can be washed away by his sincere Astaghfar (repentance).

 (7) In the beginning for seven years I was severely ill. In the entire west Pakistan no doctor or faqir could treat my illness. I then saw Hazrat Thanwi (RA) in my dream telling me, "Go and meet my son Abdul Hameed Hurmazi. I will ask him on the day of judgement about your tarbiyyat(training)". I did not know even know his name before I went into his service after this dream.

(8) Once my Shaikh Hazrat Hurmazi (RA) asked me,"What will you tell people when I die? "Will you tell them that my shaikh was Qutub (pivot of pious elders) or Ghauth ( ranks of elite friends of Allah)?"  I said "No Hazrat I will tell them that my Shaikh was a servant of Rasulullah (PBUH). He was very pleased and said Alhamdulillah (all Praise is due to Allah only) repeatedly.

(9) When the time of departure of my shaikh was near he asked every one to leave the room. Thereafter he asked me to take off my shirt and then he imprinted me. I am a common man and I have nothing of my own as every thing belongs to my Shaikh.

(10) One day I was with my Shaikh and some stranger came and asked me what do you like most? I said I like crying in front of Allah and giving money to people. Why giving money to people pleases you? I said because Allah (SWT) is distributing his own property by my hands that is why it pleases me. Later Hazrat Hurmazi (RA) told me that person was amongst the Mutasarrefifeen (with high spiritual powers) and was testing you.

(11) Babajee Abdul Mabood was khalifa of Haji Imdadullah Muhajir Makki (RA). Haji Imdadullah Sahab breathed his last whilst his head was resting on the thigh of Babajee Abdul Mabood (RA). He was a big timer. I have never seen him eating during my stay with him except just one glass of milk two times a day but he liked mangoes a lot. He used to follow Rasoolullah (PBUH) in his habits.

(12) I am the spiritual son of these four people. Hazrat Abdul Hameed Hurmazi (RA), Babajee Syed Abdul Mabood Gilani (RA), Maulana Rasool Khan Sahab (RA) and Qazi Abdul Salam (RA)of Naushera.

(13) No human being can do anything by himself unless the Fa'il ( Allah (SWT)) acts through him. I am just a dummy and I can not do any thing by my own will.

(14) One day i was passing by the city of Tandu Allah Yar and I felt a current flowing through my Qalb (heart). I asked weather there some Wali (friend of Allah) in the vicinity these days and I was told about Allah Yar Khan (RA). I went and met him. He was pleased to see me and said, "I called you several times spiritually and you came only this time". Then he showed me some part of Dalael-ul-Sulook which he wanted to print. I said Hazrat it is not correct and he said alright. He then removed it from his book.

(15) Shaikh Hurmazi (RA) had recommended Abrez ( a book by Abdul Aziz Dabbagh (RA)) for reading.

(16) Syeds, the noble descendents of the prophet (PBUH),  have 4 propertie - they are brave, they like to spend in the path of Allah,  they have mercy for people and there is something in their eyes. Those who know can recognize them easily.

(17) It is easy for people to pray two rakat (unit)  nafl (optional prayers) but difficult to spend two Rupees for Allah (SWT).

(18) Never call yourself a sinner. Just say I have made a mistake and Allah (SWT) is all forgiving and Merciful.

(19) Maulana Rasool Khan (RA) sent me to the mazaar (grave) of Hazrat Maulana Ahmad Ali Lahori (RA). Hazrat Lahori (RA) told me, "My son, keep taking from Allah(SWT) and keep giving in the path of Allah (SWT)."


(20) Hazrat Hurmazi (RA) once told me not to covet, not to reject and not to collect.


(21) The person in whose heart ism-e-zaat, personal name of Allah (SWT),  is not illuminated he is a blind man.

(22) What ever is achievable can be achieved by durood sharif - sending of peace and blessings on beloved Prophet (PBUH).

(23) Any one who tells you that he can get kashf (spiritual inspiration, intuition, premonition) anytime with his own will is a liar. Kashf is a drop coming from Fa'el-e Haqiqi (True Cause) (SWT) on the Qalb (heart) and unless Allah (SWT)  wills you can not know anything. I am just a postman and do what I am told to do. I can't do anything by my own will and if I don't do my duty I might be hanged. I can only pray for you and you also pray for me.


(24) There are some names of Allah (SWT) more suited to a particular person, for others there might be other names but I say ism-e-zaat (The personal name) Allah is inclusive of all these asma (names). The best method of which is to concentrate on ism-e-zaat (Allah(SWT)) as if it is written on one's Qalb (heart). Ism-e -zaat leads to the zaat of Allah (SWT) because this word is a tajalli (manifestation) of Allah (SWT) in words.


(25) For doctors the wird (daily routine on incantation) of Al-Bari Jalla Jalaluhu is better as it helps them in their profession.

(26) The person who wants to be a saint is foolish. The job of an Abd (slave) is to be a perfect Abd (slave). What reward should we want for what? What sainthood? We should worship Allah because He is worthy of all worship.


(27) When asked who gave you the method of Personal Name (Ism-e-Zaat ) Allah written on the Qalb (heart) Hazrat Kiyal Muhammed Sahab (DB) replied, " I was taught directly by Sultan Bahu (RA). I saw him in my dream and he squeezed me tight saying Allah but then released me whilst saying Hu. He repeated this several times. I narrated this dream to my Shaikh who confirmed that it was Sultan Bahu RA. Those days I was doing (Ism-e-Zaat) Allah with the tongue  (lisani)  1,25,000 times daily. One day I started the zikr and suddenly while concentrating on my Qalb (heart) I found that indeed I was touched by the Mercy of Allah(SWT).  Thirteen years passed after the dream and then one day I happened to go to the mazar (grave) of Sultan Bahu (RA). It was an immense spiritual experience. I found the trees, stones and birds all doing Zikr of Hu. I fell unconscious to the ground.


(28) When asked about "Haqeeqate Muhammadi" (The reality of the prophet Muhammad sallhuwaslaam)
Hazrat DB replied,"You will not be asked about the Haqeeqa (the reality) of Muhammad sallhuwaslam. You will be asked weather you followed him or not? Did you apply his sunna on yourself or not? When you listened the Azan did you rush to the masjid or not?
Reading a lot without guidance may confuse minds and thus it is much better to follow simple straightforward Din.


(29) Someone asked: If some one practice pase anfas (the famous chisti zikr utilizing the breathing method) and concentrates on naqshe isme zat (imagining the word ALLAH inscribed on one's heart) these two combined make a complete zikr. Does such a person need any thing more to do? Hazrat Kiyal Muhammad db replied that it is true that such a person is doing a kamil (complete) zikr but only zikr will do him no good if he does not practice the whole Din (religion). If a person is doing pas anfas but is not praying fard (compulsury) salat (prayer)how will his zikr help him?


(30) It is a habit of Hazrat Kiyal Muhammad db to say Assalamo alaikum to every one on the road whilst walking. Once he said, "Look how happy these people become when i present my salam (greetings) to them. Similarly salat is presenting your utmost 'tazeem' (respects) to Allah swt in a way which pleases Allah swt. That is why praying salat is very important.


(31) Some one asked Hazrat DB, "You spent 11 years with Syed Abdul mabood Gilani ra so what did you learn from him?" Hazrat replied," Only one thing.SELF RESPECT"


(32) The real "Faiz" (spiritual grace) is that which turns your attention towards the Akhera (hereafter).


(33) Duroode Ibrahimi is the best durood,
After that I like the durood: ALLAHUMMA SALLE ALA MAN MINHO IN SHAQQATEL ASRAR.


(34) Someone asked how can tears come to eyes? Hazrat replied by Qiyam at night and involving oneself in the tilawat (recitation)of the glorious Quran.


(35) Don't leave yourself to my dua (prayer) only. You have to work hard yourself to earn something in the spiritual field. I can only teach you how to drive but you have to drive it yourself. Refrain from haram,take care of your tongue and private parts,don't hurt any one,give Faraez (compulsory acts) top priorarity and only then will my dua help you.


(36) Humbleness is a great quality. In some people it is natural whilst others have to work on it but in any case it is a sign of good luck.

(37) The Rizq (sustenence) which crosses your throat is yours. All the rest is just 'addition and substraction'.


(38) I used to do" Muraqeba of death and after death" in a broken grave,in an old graveyard of our village. One day when i was coming back and I took a piece of dried human excreta (stool) in my hand and put it on my palm,standing for a long time. A villager was passing by and asked me in a surprised tone,what are you doing? I said "Just thinking about my Brother who passed away. He spent all his life for just this? He works from dawn to dusk and earns money without considering weather it is haram or halal,eats lavish foods for this out come (stool)? How mistaken was he!"
"You are crazy",was the response of the villager.


(39) I saw Molana Thanvi ra in my dream and I asked him,"You have written more than 1400 books but I am a layman so I can't read all of them. How can I benefit from you ?" Shaikh Thanwi ra replied, "Ok let me then summarize it for you: "Mai ko choro,Meem ko pakro"
"Leave your ego and follow Muhammad sallallho alaihe wa sallam"


(40) Molana Rasool khan raheemullah had a long life and some say he died at the age of 123 yrs. He was a khalifa of Maulana Ashraf Ali Thanvi raheemullah. I spent four and a half years with him.I learned three particular things from him:
-Never look down upon any creature of Allah swt
-Whatever you eat yourself also give it to others too
-Always pray for Husne khatema (a good ending with Islam)


(41) Only bayat (pledging allegiance to a sufi shaykh)and peeri mureedi will not help anyone. One should carefully watch how his shaikh is implementing sharia in his life and then follow his deeds and words. Nowadays no one wants to work but from day one they start thinking of when they will become a khalifa (successor)...!


(42) Once Hazrat DB was saying that in our silsila there is routine of 125K isme zat khafi lisani daily. One salik asked, "Hazrat it is very difficult,tell us something easy." Hazrat replied,"All right,then do just one thing------"Remove all expectations from your heart. Don't even ask for Marifat (recognition of ALLAH) which is an expectation in itself. Just keep 'bandagi' (slavehood) in your mind and remove every thing else from your heart and keep doing zikr ,pray salat, follow shariat all because this is the right of Allah upon his slaves and not because Allah will reward us for it in dunya (world) or akhera (hereafter)----- if HE does reward us,that is HIS mercy not our right-----,if you do that one day unexpectedly you will see what you will see-----but don't even wait for this sudden happening as this is an expectation in itself.....Worship Allah for the sake of HIM only.


(43) Unless one has perfected Zikr (remembrance of ALLAH) one can not reach the stage of Fikr (contemplation). Only zikr can purify your mind to the extent that you are able to think properly. This 'tarteeb' (methodology) is mentioned in Quran. Read..."YazkuroonAllah qiyaman wa quoodan wa ala junoobehem" ...followed by... "wa yatafakkuroona fi khalqes samawat e wal ardh"
First zikr then Fikr.


(44) Hazrat said "I love my Nafs"...., and then explained it: Nafs is our horse,which will inshaAllah take us to jannat if trained properly; Think of it,when you are on a journey and your Horse gets sick,how will you travel?This,our nafs,is our horse,which is carrying us to our ultimate destination of the akhira.


(45) No human being can grant any thing to any one. Every thing is from Fael (ALLAH) jalla jalaluhu and Allah swt never feel sorry for giving. Once he gives he will not take it back.

(46) Don't expect any thing neither any spiritual grades nor posts. Leave yourself in the hands of Allah swt like a dead body. Rest assured that HE will grant you what is good for you. HE knows well how to reward his slaves.


(47) Ask Allah swt when you need anything but don't try to "teach" him how/when to give. HE knows very well how to accept your request.


(48) While sleeping at night position yourself in a sunnah way. Lie on right side,keep your right hand under your head for support,flex your knees,placing the left knee on the right. This will make isme MUHAMMAD in arabic,then keep doing pase anfas until you are awake.


(49) In this life we can not move above ism."Musamma" can be comprehended only in Akhera. When the naqsh of isme zat become permanent on qalb,"Maeyyat "automatically follows it. Isme zat Allah is a tajalli of musamma in words."where there is is ism,there is zat".


(50) I tell you a zikr which is composite of tilwat, zikr and durood sharif.
"Bismillaher arahmaner Raheem-Allaho Allaho Allaho , Lailaha illAllaho Muhammadur Rasool ullah sallallaho alaihe wa sallam"


(51) Unless you go for simple straight forward Din and remove all expectations from your mind, you may not achieve any thing.


(52) Jokingly said "I give you two weapons,a smile and polish ( meaning appeasement)"


(53) An Arif always lives under fear. The fear of life after death,the fear of" wal bathe baadal moth", fear of " yauma yaqoom ul hisab"--No one knows what will happen next !


(54) A real Arif ( A person who recognizes ALLAH) is either found in hills or Bazars (market place). No one even knows them.

(56)Try not to read a lot of books. The Quran( and Hadeeth) is enough for us.

(57)Don't create mental difficulties for yourself. Whatever Allah decides for you just say "As you please!"

(58) Keep your heart empty of thoughts and concentrate on Isme Zat (the personal name of ALLAH). The Engine of your heart will get started.