Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Faith Dynamics

There are facts.
We need them to get through in life.
Then there is dynamics. This is more helpful in getting through life.
Whole point of life is to live it according to Islam.
Most essential issue in that is to acquire, maintain and preserve your faith.
Here is a Hadith that is effective in perfecting you faith:

Abdullah ibn Hisham (Allah be pleased with him) narrates: “We were with the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) and he was holding the hand of Umar ibn al-Khattab (Allah be pleased with him). Sayyiduna Umar said to Him: “O Messenger of Allah! You are dearer to me than everything except my own self.” The Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said: “No, by Him in Whose Hand is my soul, (you will not have complete faith) till I am dearer to you than your own self.” Then Umar (Allah be pleased with him) said to him: “However, now, by Allah, you are dearer to me than my own self.” The Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said: “Now, O Umar (you are a complete believer).” (Sahih al-Bukhari)