Monday, March 14, 2011

On Physics Department of AMU

Dr R.C.Budhani, Director, National Physical Laboratory, New Delhi speaking as the Chief Guest at the National Conference on Recent Advances in Condensed Matter Physics being held at the Physics Department of AMU on 14 and 15 March, 2011 said the following kind words:
I feel happy to be at this great seat of learning that nearly a hundred years old. It has given many scientists, writers, poets, historians and statesmen to the country. Its Physics Department is amongst the oldest in the country. Initially, I believe, it had two specializations, nuclear physics and spectroscopy. It trained a large number of people who later on served all over the country and the world. I particularly shall mention Professor P. Venkateswarlu who, though not an alumnus of AMU, was here. He later on went to IIT Kanpur. Though I did not meet him there but I inherited his lab.