Monday, December 9, 2019

Another Dilemma : Current Events vs Past

I have been bogged down for quite some time by the twin issues of the Muslims in India today and the Muslim in the world in general.

Both of these issues are extremely nerve wrecking as of now. So far my personal capabilities and capacity has proved to be inadequate to have an over overall compass of both of these set of problems.

In fact I have not been able to complete the overall historical assessment of either of these problems.

In overall assessment of the situation of the Muslims today in India my corner stone is HM Seervai's book on Partition of India: Legend vs Reality.

On the corresponding issue of the state of the Muslim community the world over my preferred book is Orientalism by Edward Said.

Sadly I have  not been able to get a grip over the over all view presented in these books. Let alone the microscopic details.

And then let us not forget the extremely fast changing current affairs both in India as well as the world.

In this regard friends would say that first of all I must finish my overview of Seervai and Said and they are absolutely right. The pesky problem is the sheer deluge of both domestic, that is India, and world news inflow.

So kindly pray that I can come to grip these problems. The programme at the moment can be summarized as - Seervai-Said-Current Affairs.